Attitudes About Frequent Flyers In The Hospital.

Every medical specialty has their challenging patients.  These difficult patients often have a large burden of medical, economic, psychological  and sociological issues that make hospital care expensive, complex and time consuming.  These are the 5% of folks who spend 50% of health care dollars.  These are the folks who are sure to be the frequent flyers to any hospital system.

How do medical professionals react when they see that one patient back in the hospital, again?  Some act with love and compassion to be a shining light in their patient's difficult situation.  Many doctors and nurses have lived the frequent flyer experience.  They or their loved ones have difficult to control chronic disease causing constant hospitalizations for stabilization.  They have a sympathy and an empathy that is unmatched in the world of compassion.  They have the patience of a Saint and a heart of gold. I would say this attitude is probably the exception.

Others keep a list of annoying patients and bitch about it anytime they have to see them, as these original Happy crude humor ecards help explain.  My bet goes with most doctors and nurses having  at least one or two dozen of these patients on their frequent flyer list.  Be honest.  Do you have a list of frequent flyers that you groan and moan if you see their name on the ER board or that shows up on your morning rounding list as an overnight admit or consult?

"We really do have a list of frequent flyers that annoy the crap out of us.  Just so you know."

We really do have a list of frequent flyers that annoy the crap out of us just so you know doctor ecard humor photo


"Years of hard nursing destroyed my sympathetic system and took out my empathetic system with it.  I just though you oughta know before my shit hits your fan."

Sympathetic vs Empathetic System Ecard Nurse Humor photo


"It's not that I don't feel compassion for my patients, it's just that I can't charge for it."

It's not that I don't feel compassion for my patients, it's just that I can't charge for it doctor ecard humor photo 60226b61-1254-48c9-92ab-019473648b7c_zps7650a051.jpg


This post is for entertainment purposes only and likely contains humor only understood by those in a healthcare profession. Read at your own risk. 

Print Friendly and PDF